Overview Jhpiego seeks an Awareness and Demand Generation Advisor to provide technical leadership and strategic direction for the Unitaid-funded Scale Up Cervical Cancer Elimination with Secondary Prevention Strategy (SUCCESS) project in Guatemala. Jhpiego is an international, non-profit health organization affiliated with The Johns Hopkins University. Jhpiego works with health experts, governments and community leaders to provide high-quality health care for their people. Jhpiego develops strategies to help countries care for themselves by training competent health care workers, strengthening health systems, and improving delivery of care.
The Awareness and Demand Generation Advisor will provide technical and strategic guidance to increase the demand for cervical cancer prevention and treatment services through demand generation strategies, including community mobilization. This position will oversee the development, testing, implementation and monitoring of demand-creation tools, materials and strategies, and work closely with district teams and other partners to ensure that the approaches are effectively executed and harmonized. The Awareness and Demand Generation Officer will be expected to provide capacity-building support to national and local government authorities and leadership for partner coordination, guiding the translation of national and global policies into local implementation.
- Provide technical and strategic guidance in cervical cancer prevention and treatment demand creation to overcome cultural and institutional barriers to access.
- Supporting the MOH district-based teams to coordinate a community-based network of mobilizers, working closely with national, and district partners that collaborate on the project.
- Coordinate development district demand generation plans for each target population in support and coordination with those working on national plans.
- Initiate and participate in evaluation of targeted demand-generation strategies and assessment activities with the goal of improving project outcomes.
- Oversee the development, implementation and monitoring of demand-creation tools, materials and strategies.
- Provide capacity-building support to national and local government authorities and leadership for partner coordination, and collaborate closely with district teams and other implementing partners to ensure that demand generation approaches are effectively executed and harmonized.
- Advocate for project inputs inclusion in comprehensive district/county health plans.
- Guide translation of national and global policies into local implementation.
- Advocate for national policy environment supportive of cervical cancer prevention and treatment based on observed gaps.
- Provide technical support to policy review and development in country.
- Manage relationships with people living with HIV/AIDS (PLWHA) and other key community groups.
- Assist in the training, coaching, mentoring of existing community health volunteers
- Conduct monthly supervision visits in coordination with of stakeholders involved in demand generation activities.
- Prepare, implement and report demand generation plans, ability to critically analyze the process and make proposals for solutions if necessary
- Write reports and other documents for dissemination of activities, including success stories of the project
- Higher Education in the areas of Communication, Psychology and or Anthropology or related qualification.
- 8+ years’ demonstrated experience working in public health.
- Experience in organizing and conducting training and supervision activities.
- Solid knowledge in the elaboration of training materials and contents for the media.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and coordination skills.
- Ability to work with autonomy and responsibility.
- Verbal and written fluency in local languages required
- Ability to travel within the country.
- Willing to take on extra responsibilities in order to achieve the goals/objectives set by the organization.
- Experience in women’s reproductive health and/or HIV/AIDS programs is preferred.
- Verbal and written fluency in English desirable.