Purpose of the charge:
Working together with key government and civil society partners, the Learning Specialist will support the scale up of evidence-based parenting interventions on nutrition, health, responsive caregiving, and play with indigenous communities in 6 Departments in the Western Highlands, North, and East of Guatemala. The Learning Specialist will be under the supervision of the Chief of Party based in Guatemala City and will work closely with the implementing partners and the M&E Specialist, with additional technical support from ChildFund regional and global technical advisors. The position will be based in Quetzaltenango with frequent travel across the departments of implementation: San Marcos, Quiché, Totonicapán, Sololá, Alta Verapaz, and Chiquimula
University degree in a relevant discipline closely related and with equivalent relevant work experience
• 5 years’ experience in organizational learning, monitoring, evaluation, and learning for adaptive management; and/or communications and knowledge management
• Demonstrated ability in successfully developing and executing a learning agenda
• Ability to identify and implement continuous process improvement, including the development of methodology and tools.
• Excellent communications and writing abilities describe complex technical information in an accessible manner.
• Demonstrated and superior interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills;
• Ability to analyze information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically;
• An in-depth understanding of national and international development issues and best practice, in relation to working with indigenous families and communities;
• Fluent in English and Spanish.
• Demonstrated experience with children and youth in a child development organization.
• Cross-cultural awareness and sensitivity
• Ability to work and communicate clearly both verbally and in writing with employees at all levels
• Strong analytical and decision making ability using good judgment and professionalism
• Computer proficiency in general office software applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook);
• Demonstrated ability to lead through networks and building consensus within and across teams.
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills in English as well as fluency in the local language (Spanish) required.
Nivel Jerárquico: Encargado
Estudio Mínimo Necesario: Universitario Completo